Initial Observation and Needs Analisys
Why we need Initial Observation and Need Analisys? There are some reasons :
1.Gap difference between the purpose of the system and actual system conditions
2. Reports detection problem is not really real , i.e :
– Too ideal destination
– Lack of resources and / or attitude
– Measurement system is less accurate
– System that is the purpose behind
– The difference between the system and the iddle system
the ongoing investigation in system detail
Getting a consensus that the ideal system
Developed several alternative
Selecting the best alternative
Goal of System Invesgation –> investigation indicates the problem is actually happening
Several problems in investigations that often appear are:
Results of the investigation is a recommendation that includes among others the following:
– Not to take any action if there is not problem found
– Perform system maintenance this is can be take for small problems
– Improving the ability or the skills
– Consider modifications to the system total
– Putting the problem to occur in the development plan system is carried out immediately
Why we need tactics?
– Find all issues
– Knowing the causes of the emergence of problems
– Determine the appropriate solution
Investigation Tactics must be done so that all elements of the system can receive a quote a solution without disrupting their activities
There are some of the investigation tactics that can be done:
– Listen to opinions of the system
– Do not give the early breakthrough
– Compare the stories of some of the system against the same case
– Note the logical inconsistency problem
– The questionnaire
– Frequently asked questions
– Flow of procedure
– Reviewing documents
Description’s System that can be found are :
– Data elements
– Transaction volume and document action
– Data flow diagram
Stage of intensive interaction between the systems analyst with the end user where the system shows
the development team expertise to get feedback and trust so that the user get a good participation.
4 PURPOSE THAT WANT achieved:
– Explain the complete system
– Information system that describes the ideal
– Bringing information system to the ideal conditions at this time with attention to resource constraints
– Providing encouragement to the confidence in the system development
Methods that can be used :
– Procedure analysis
– Observation documents
Problems in Resource :
– External factors
Needs document analysis :
Landing analysis: Relationships with end users, the observation process, problems in data collection
The user needs: The need actual, reporting requirements, training needs and the influence of the new system
System constraints: Explain the constraints of time and cost, expertise, technology, and external factors
Documents such as data collection instruments, statistical consensus, the logical flow of data and phisik, data elements in the initial data dictionary.
How do I approach the condition of the system at this time with the condition of the ideal system?
– Creating an alternative to solve the problem of information system
– Best alternative is applied wisely
Options Strategies that can be choose :
– Distributed versus centralized processing
– Changes in decision-making information from the centralized data processing to the end user Decentralized responsibility center
– Integrated versus dispersed database
– System designer must consider the data are entered in the data base and into the File
– Surround System of Strategy Development
– About important environmental strategy in the case of company takeovers because the information system of other companies may vary with the company at this time.
Selection is done before the operational design
Designing Operational Options
Options can be grouped into the design :
– Online Vs Off Line Data Entry
– Keyed Vs Machine Readable Data Entry
– Centralized Vs Decentralized Data Entry
– Batch Vs Realtime record update
– Sequential Vs Direct Access to records
– Single Vs Multiple Users update of records
– Traditional Vs Turn Around Documents
– Structured Inquiry Vs based reports
Selecting the proper system :
Compare tactics: systems based on the comparison of costs and benefits relative; There are 3 ways a system said the system is superior to the other if:
– A cost is lower than B and both are the same benefits
– A cost is lower than B and A yield advantage of more than B
– A and B have the same but the cost advantage generated a lot more.
Some compare System methods :
– Break Even point Analyisis
– Payback Period
– Discounted payback period
– Internal Rate of Return
Cost categories :
– Physical sites
Cost details :
Comparing the cost of information systems through the life of the system, analysts memproyeksi how
the cost changes for the future and there are 3 models cost information system, namely Linear,
and exponentially Step Function
* Cost information system can occur only once and can also occur on an ongoing basis.
* Cost information system that occur only once the cost ontime and development costs
that occur during the development of the system.
* Cost information system that occur continuously among reccuring cost and operational cost where the cost of this is the case when the operating system information every day.
Qualitative factors that lead the performance information system :
– Reduce errors
– Reducing the time to fix errors
– Reduce the response time from the workstation alternative
– Accelerate the time of providing information
– Improve security systems
– Propagate update records on the source
– Increasing user satisfaction
CORPORATE STRATEGY FACTORS :
– Customer satisfaction
– Sales increased
– Consumer and vendor commitment
– Information marketing products
Presenting learning SYSTEM :
– Make short presentations
– Reduce the detail description techniques
– Mempretasikan clearly with visual aids
– If using a model using a tool such as a laptop so that more informative
– Emphasize the benefits of the proposed system with some alternative information that is appropriate conditions experienced by the company.
Make Go- or No-Go Decision
If the company decided to develop the information system, the department will do next, namely the System Design Process.
If then the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) will be terminated.
Often the problem will be found with the system and the study and top management will usually ask for the re-employment system to study.
Model will describe some of the stages of the repeated and sometimes the information will make a decision before the repeat stage system of study.
With the alternative, the decision to repeat a previous stage SDLC or not called Go – No-Go Decision.